Honey Glazed Pork Chops with Figs, Orange and Cardamom
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 18 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Figs, stems removed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 pork chops (about 1-inch thick), bone-in
- Orange wedges as a garnish
- Flat leaf parsley sprigs as a garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place 1 cup of the orange juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the figs and turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, the remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, orange zest, cardamom, dry mustard, coriander, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, oven-proof frying pan over high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the pork chops with the honey glaze on both sides and return them to the pan. With a slotted spoon, remove the figs from the orange juice and add to the pan with the pork chops. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 145-150 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and place one pork chop on each plate. Garnish with figs, orange wedges and parsley and serve.
amount per serving
- Calories 325
- % Calories from Fat 33%
- Fat 12
- Cholesterol 54
- Protein 17
- Carbohydrates 36
- Fiber 5
- Iron 2
- Sodium 53
- Calcium 71
- Potassium 488