Cream Cheese, Dried Fig, and Walnut Spread
Makes about 1 1/2 cups (serving size about 1 tablespoon)
- 6 large dried Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Calimyrna Figs, stems trimmed, quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green scallion tops, optional
- Finely chop the figs in a food processor. Add the cream cheese and process until combined. Add the walnuts and salt; pulse just to blend. Scrape into a bowl. Add the scallions, if desired.
- Serve the spread on crisped endive leaves, celery boats, crackers, apple or pear slices, or toast, or use it as a sandwich spread.
Cream Cheese, Dried Fig, and Walnut Spread with Smoked Salmon: Add 1/4 cup diced smoked salmon (about 2 ounces) to the food processor along with the walnuts and salt.
amount per serving
- Calories 41
- % Calories from Fat 73%
- Fat 3
- Cholesterol 9
- Protein 1
- Carbohydrates 2
- Fiber 0
- Iron 0
- Sodium 71
- Calcium 12
- Potassium 32